Best Selling Car Jump Starters
For most people best car jump starter is the one that would start their dead vehicle every time without failing. Weather as well as driver mistakes sometimes cause car battery to drain and leave you strained; a jump starters can help you quickly escape the problem with little to no hassle.
If you are looking for a car battery charger, please see our post on Best Selling Car Battery Chargers.
There are hundreds of jump starters with different sizes, features, power and weights, and their prices range from less than a hundred dollars to several hundred dollars. Its common for many jump starters to have built-in features like air compressor, led flash light as well as outlets to charge electronic devices like cell phones and tablets.
Another thing to consider before buying a jump starter is its output voltage; most 12 volt jump starters are good for all types of personal use vehicles.
Top 5 Car Jump Starters Comparison Table
|1||NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter||1000||4.4/5.0||Coming Soon||Check Price|
|2||STANLEY J5C09 Jump Starter: 1000 Peak/500 Instant Amps, 120 PSI Air Compressor||1000||4.1/5.0||Read Review||Check Price|
|3||Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 Peak Amp 12V Jump Starter||1700||4.5/5.0||Coming Soon||Check Price|
|4||GOOLOO 700A Peak Car Jump Starter 18000mAh Portable Power Bank||1800||4.6/5.0||Coming Soon||Check Price|
|5||NOCO Genius Boost HD GB70 2000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter||2000||4.4/5.0||Coming Soon||Check Price|
Why Should You Get Hold of a Car Jump Starter?
Just in case you didn't know a jump starter is a device that helps starts a vehicle with dead battery. Latest jump starters however have added features like air compressors, flash lights, radios and charging station for phones and other electronic devices.
Pointers to Help you Choose the Best Car Jump Starter
Types of Jump Starters?
Before you can find the best car jump starter for your needs, you first need to know the types of jump starters and figure out which one is appropriate for your vehicle. Basically, there are two types of jump starter and these are the following:
This is basically a battery in a box that can be recharged. It consists of a sealed and maintenance free battery which can be permanently attached to jumper cables (heavy duty) and the whole thing that is properly contained to a convenient package. These jump starters although portable are slightly heavy and weigh around 15-20lbs.
- Internal battery (containing high reserve)
- 12V accessory receptacles
- Clamps and heavy duty cables
- Emergency light
- Air compressor
Pocket Sized Jump Starters
Pocket sized jump starters are the lasted jump starters in the market. They are slightly bigger than a smart phone and weigh less than a pound. Some of these require to be connected to car battery for a few minutes before a vehicle can be started, however most of them can instantly start a vehicle.
Any of the two types of jump starters have their corresponding benefits and downsides. It will just depend of which among the two and the brand of a jump starter you will choose and buy from the market.
How to Use a Jump Starter?
Using a jump starter to start you dead vehicle is simpler and easier than jumping with another vehicle. Just follow the below step-by-step procedure.
- Most cars have their battery located under the hood, so open the hood and locate you battery. Make sure your hood remains raised all the way by using hood prop rod or the built-in hydraulic props.
- Locate your cars battery. There are car batteries which are not in motor cavity and these are cases where you should look for a plastic cylindrical cap hat (normally red) with a large + sign. This is the positive terminal of your battery.
- The third step is to remove the “plastic jump post” by lifting them off. Make sure you can distinguish between the positive and the negative terminals.
- Place the jump starter on a safe flat surface and connect the jumper cables to the battery terminals, positive to positive and negative to negative or ground. Locate the power button and turn the jump starter on.
- Before starting your vehicle make sure jump starter is safely placed on flat surface and jumper cables are out of the way of any moving parts of the vehicle. Turn on the car’s ignition and try to start the engine. If you are successful in starting the engine, turn off the jump pack. Disconnect the negative clamp before proceeding to the positive one. If Vehicle does not start on the first attempt, turn off the jump pack’s power switch, disconnect the clamps and reconnect. Take note that battery corrosion may also prohibit good connection.
There are so many jump starters in the market which not only gives more options but the also helps lower the prices due to competition. However, it is necessary that you do your research and understand all the features so you can compare several different products and then choose the best one for your needs.
Now a days, majority of the jump starters are portable and very affordable. This is the main reason why there are no excuses for anyone to be asking strangers for jump when their vehicle would not start due to dead battery.Also, like stated earlier some of the best car jump starters have very useful builtin features. In addition, you will have the peace of mind knowing you will not have to ask strangers for favors or pay for roadside assistance.